Mental Health Peer Support Specialist, No. 184
We are a local community mental health agency in need of a Peer Support Specialist (part time possibly building to full time). The Peer Support Specialist will provide direct peer support to participants in support of socialization, self-advocacy, recovery, development of natural supports, and community living skills. This position will provide additional support in assistance to a primary clinician to clients in a Mental Health Outpatient program that provides services including counseling, case management, peer support, and medication management. The services provided by the Peer Support Specialist will take place in the community or office settings.
- Easy going, sense of humor, self-starting
- Detail oriented, organized
- Ability to work well with a team
- Demonstrated clear understanding of the characteristics of adults with severe and persistent mental illness and co-occurring disorders.
- Prior or present experience in a social service support role, homeless advocacy, or employment services setting preferred.
- Knowledge of community resources (medical, benefits, supportive housing, etc)
- Must possess Certified Peer Support Certification in Washington State and must have valid Washington State Credential from Department of Health, e.g. Agency Affiliated Counselor or the ability to obtain Agency Affiliated Counselor credential within 60 days of date of hire.
- Peer Support Counselor Certification services involve individuals who self-identify as having experienced mental illness first-hand, and/or parents of children who have experienced mental illness or an individual who has experienced co-occurring disorders.
- Must have access to a car, have a valid driver’s license and proof of auto insurance
- Must authorize CSNW to obtain current driving record from the Department of Motor Vehicles (and annually thereafter) to determine driving eligibility. Driving record must meet CSNW’s vehicle insurance carrier’s minimum standards related to driving.
- CSNW’s vehicle insurance carrier may require applicants to purchase additional minimum liability coverage related to driving.
Comprehensive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, life insurance, long term disability, EAP, and retirement plan. Part-time employees are not eligible for medical, dental benefits, life insurance and long-term disability.
Compensation: $14.50 – $19.50 per hour, depending on education, experience, bi-lingual. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference the Peer Support Specialist, No. 184. Please submit in MS Word or PDF format.