Mental Health Intake Clinician (Counseling, Social Work), No. 192
Full time Mental Health Intake Clinician needed for local community mental health, addictions and supportive housing agency. This position will be essential to providing intake assessments to adults with mental health and/or substance abuse disorders. This individual will provide a combination of counseling and case management services which may include; bio-psycho-social assessments, formulation of diagnostic summary and impression, provisional DSM-IV diagnosis, initial plan for treatment and completion of LOCUS level care assessments. Candidate must have demonstrated clear understanding of the characteristics of adults with severe and persistent mental illness and co-occurring disorders.
- Great communication skills, a sense of humor and the ability to work as a part of a proficient and cohesive team.
- Experience with counseling, case management, or social work
- Detail oriented, organized
- Experience with electronic health records
- Commitment to providing culturally competent services
- Previous experience in counseling with conducting mental health assessments and work efficiently with a cohesive team
- Knowledge of community resources (medical, benefits, supportive housing, etc.)
- Mental Health Professional (MHP) Certification
- Computer proficiency (in Microsoft Windows environment)
- Master’s degree in related field
- One year of experience in counseling and eligible for Mental Health Professional (MHP) designation in Washington State per DSHS requirements.
- Valid Washington State Dept. of Health License/credential or ability to obtain Agency Affiliated Counselor credential within 60 days from date of hire.
Comprehensive benefits package includes:
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- 403B Retirement Plan.
Compensation: $18.00 – $20.50 per hour, depending on education and experience. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com and reference the Mental Health Intake Clinician, No. 192 position. Please submit in MS Word or PDF format.