Medical Assistant – Certified, No. 193
Full Time Medical Assistant – Certified, needed for local community mental health, addictions and supportive housing agency. The Medical Assistant (MA) provides administrative and clinical support to psychiatric prescriber(s). The medical assistant also works with Mental Health Clinicians and Chemical Dependency Professionals in coordinating care for patients. The MA will perform screenings and provide case management in coordination with other teams or parties involved in treatment. This employee participates actively as a team member in the delivery of client services, and the coordination of community support services.
Administrative Duties – The Medical Assistant will insure that charts, prescription refill requests, and all information or paperwork the psychiatric prescriber will need is prepared ahead of time and organized in the fashion preferred by the prescriber.
Clinical Duties – Conducts regular routine procedures, records patient information, such as vital signs, eating habits, behavior, progress notes, treatments, or discharge plans. Enters information into patient charts and maintains updated charts.
Must have the ability to give injections and/or administer oral medication as directed. Receives and processes medication refill requests from pharmacies by preparing refill requests for provider review and approval and ensuring that they are faxed back to the pharmacy. Once a request is received, checks EHR to confirm that it is a valid request. If valid, sends prescriber a refill request through EHR. If invalid, communicates reasons with pharmacy.
- A sense of humor and the ability to work as a part of a proficient and cohesive team.
- An understanding of mental health and chemical dependency treatment.
- Basic mathematical skills including fractions, decimals and ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentage.
- Easy going, sense of humor, self-starting.
- Demonstrates professionalism and appropriate boundaries in all interactions.
- Must have good organizational and communication skills.
- Experience with electronic health records preferred.
- Ability to perform venipuncture
- Commitment to providing culturally competent services
- Computer proficiency (in Microsoft Windows environment)
- Medical Assistant License
- Medical Assistant Certification from the Washington State Dept. of Health
- Minimum of High School Diploma or GED
Comprehensive Benefits Package:
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- 403b Retirement Plan
$17.06 an hour depending on education and experience. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send your cover letter and resume. Make sure to reference the Medical Assistant – Certified, No. 193 position. Please submit in MS Word or PDF format.