We are thrilled about a new project called CSNW’s Hope for Housing, where we are building 4 units of housing with a commitment to keeping these units for low income individuals. We want to contribute to having more affordable housing for those that need it most. With barely anywhere for these individuals to go, we figured we’d have to build the housing they ultimately need. The building of the units has already been funded by grants, and what we need now is funds to make these units feel like home.
Here are some specific ways we’d ask you to give. Would you consider if this is something you feel led to help with?
- $25 – Hygiene items
- Buy all the basic hygiene items needed for 1 individual, for 1 month
- $50 – Cooking supplies
- Buy cooking utensils such as silverware, plates, pots and pans for 1 individual
- $100 – Fresh set of clothes
- Help get a fresh set of clothes for 1 individual to stay warm through the season
- $200 – Food items
- Stock the shelves with all the basic food items for 1 individual in 1 unit
- $500 – Sleeping materials
- Buy a bed, blankets, sheets and pillows for 1 individual to have a better night’s sleep.
- $1000 – Landscaping
- Buy materials to make the outside of the 4 housing units a beautiful place to call home.
- $2500 – Move in ready
- Buy everything needed for 1 housing unit to be completely move-in ready
Our goal is to raise 20k so that all units will be move-in ready with a reserve for any unforeseen cost associated with the initial construction and site prep.
Men and women can have the trajectory of their life radically changed by having a home more appropriate than a box under a bridge, but a real home is only possible with your financial help. These housing units will serve as the beginning of so much more in the lives of those you will help — the foundation upon which they can reclaim their lives.
Your continued support means so much to this organization and those lives you are impacting. Thank you.
* * * * *
Gift to the area of greatest need
When you give an undesignated gift, CSNW directs your contribution to the areas of greatest need.
You may wish to support a specific program, such as:
- Parent Child Assistance Program (PCAP)
- The Wellness Project
- Family Housing Programs
- Specialized groups: Pregnant and Parenting Women’s Groups
You can make a gift to honor a special person or memorialize a loved one.
- Corporate gifts and grants
- Corporate foundation grants
- In-kind services and products
- Event sponsorships
- And please let us know if your company has a Matching Gift Program.
Other ways to help:
- Personal Hygiene Items
- Donate Gently-Used Furniture, Household Goods, Clothing, Toys, etc.
- New bedding (twin, full, crib, youth)
- Cleaning supplies: mops, vacuum cleaners, paper towels, garbage bags, toilet paper, laundry detergent, dish soap
- Canned foods and dry goods