Chemical Dependency (CD) Prevention Intervention Specialist, No. 182
Full Time Chemical Dependency (CD) / Substance Use Disorder (SUD) Prevention Intervention Specialist needed for local community mental health, addictions and housing agency. This position will work autonomously and collectively as an empowered staff member of Community Services Northwest. Develops and delivers services to at-risk students in collaboration with school assistance programs, parents and community agencies. Participates in the design, implementation, and ongoing delivery of services. Provides prevention interventions, and other duties, as they would relate to students and significant persons in the students’ lives. Persons in this position shall be expected to be able to function with a minimum of direct supervision.
This position has the option to work full-time for nine (9) months with summer’s off (no CDPT or CDP credential required) OR it can be a regular full-time position twelve (12) months (will require CDPT or CDP credential).
- Able to work effectively and efficiently in the field with little supervision.
- Great communication skills, a sense of humor and the ability to work as a part of a proficient and cohesive team.
- Experience with counseling OR case management OR social work
- Easy going, sense of humor, self-starting
- Detail oriented, organized, adept with the use of computers and electronic health records
- Knowledge of clinical treatments of substance use and addictions, individual crisis intervention; professional ethics and patients’ rights.
- Valid Washington State Dept. of Health CDP or CDPT credential – if full-time (12 months)
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in related field
- Knowledge of CD Theory, behaviors/barrier stages, ASAM, appropriate interventions and the capacity to maintain good therapeutic boundaries
- Must be able to obtain School Clearance
- Must have access to a car, have a valid driver’s license and proof of auto insurance
- Must authorize CSNW to obtain current driving record from the Department of Motor Vehicles (and annually thereafter) to determine driving eligibility. Driving record must meet CSNW’s vehicle insurance carrier’s minimum standards related to driving.
Comprehensive Benefits Package:
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- 403b Retirement Plan
$15-$18 an hour depending on education and experience. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please send your cover letter and resume to Resume@csnw.org. Make sure to reference the
Chemical Dependency Prevention Intervention Specialist, No. 182 position. Please submit in MS Word or pdf format.